Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Madness

So a few things to report this go around!
We are a 1/4 of the way through the year and already so much has happened! Ok not THAT much but more than usual for me!
Luke is officially moving here mid-May! THat is the most exciting thing thats going on right now is the anticipation of that! We can't wait to be able to see each other and be together like a REAL couple haha! And tired of the lonely weekends and nights! 2 more months!
Last weekend we went to Luke's best friends wedding, he was the Best Man! Jon and Crystal make a beautiful couple and it was a beautiful ceremony! I think they'll make a great life together!
Don't we clean up nicely? haha


Here is their wedding cake! The most unique cake I've ever seen in person for sure, but totally represented them and their unique personalities.



Also over the weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to spend time with and get to know Luke's mother, Terry and sister, Grace! They are sweet and good people and I look forward to knowing them better! Spending all day long with them with out Luke around could have been incredibly awkward and uncomfortable BUT they were super nice and didnt make me feel out of place at all...and in my opinion I won them over a little :P



It was an exhausting but fun weekend, though, as always I was sad to leave. But I will see him on the 1 of April and then again on the weekend of the 10 of April!

So last week the whole family went to eat at Abuelo's! It was Shannon and Eric's anniversary and Aarons birthday. So mom, dad, Skye, Kip, Mikey, Brian, Marcel, Donna, Eric, Shannon, Aaron, Wyatt and me all went out to eat! It was good to see everyone and spend time with family! I love our little family. We might not be a large family, but we're a good family and we love each other unconditionally.

Funny thing, when the waitress asked if we were celebrating a birthday or anniversary Marcel and I said, yes, both...so when they brought out the desserts they gave them to US thinking it was OUR anniversary lol!! It was too funny...Marcel probably thanks God thats not the case! :)

Next Tuesday (March 23) I will be having surgery on my left foot. I have an "accessory Navicular" bone, which is just what it sounds like, an accessory- or -extra bone attached to my navicular bone. It causes a lot of pain and discomfort so we're going to go in on tuesday and cut it out. Im excited about what possibilities I will have have after recovery. THe shoes I'll be able to wear and I cna start walking again.
I'm gonna stay with the parents for a few days at least after surgery, I dont think that navigating the stairs would be wise at first. I should only be in a walking boot about 4-5 weeks afterward to let the wound heal. Im keeping my fingers crossed for a whole new time after surgery! Hopefully this is what I need, my eyes are fixed, I'll get my foot fixed and then Luke is moving here in May. It's gong to be a whole new start to life and I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Family of Five said...

Why doesn't blogspot have a "like" button? :)