Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Positive thoughts!

So I had a bit of an epiphany this morning.
I have been SO negative and bitchy lately, no wonder I've felt kind of off balance and out of sorts. That is NOT me. I used to always be the one who is positive and happy, and lately Im the downer!
What am I griping about? Work. OK so my job isnt the best, but I have one, I have a pay check that contributes a great deal to paying bills, allowing Luke and I to eat out and go to the occasional movie or on the occasional weekend trip and allowed us to provide each other with a great Christmas last year. So I do the same mundane things every single day, and dont get paid much period, so unfair things go on in other departments and shady occurances are happing around me witht he personnel...but does it REALLY affect me? Does it say anything about who I am as aperson or my character? no. I still get that pay check every 2 weeks, and I get to go home to a wonderful man who loves me unconditionally, and a dog who is ALWAYS happy to see me.
There have been a million things I've complained about lately, whining about people, things, politics yadda yadda...I should just BE HAPPY!
So I need to STOP with the negativity. It is bringing me down, making me someone different, someone I dont like a whole lot. So I have got to stop.
I am SO blessed. I have Luke, and will be his wife in a month! I have amazing healthy parents and siblings and nephews, wonderful caring friends, Im healthy and have a roof over my head, I, in all honesty, really have nothing to complain about. My extended family is amazing and I am marrying into in-laws who are wonderful. I've been to some really coolplaces and plan to go to even more.
I am a Christ follower and God saves my life every day. He answers my prayers when he sees fit and he hears me all day every day ask for HIS guidance, and he is gracious and faithful to me even when I fall off the wagon and am not so faithful to Him.

Today is Valentines day and Luke and I will be celebrating our SECOND Valentine's together. I believe last year we cooked and stuff the ngith before V-Day and then the actual day I had a bad headache so we just watched TV all day :)
This year I am plannign a big meal at home, and a movie at home....maybe later this week we'll treat ourselves to a good dinner out and a movie :)

So HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Tell everyone you care for, jsut how much you care fr them. Love them every day and dont take anything for granted.
And BE HAPPY :)

No comments: