Monday, February 28, 2011

Wow...

Its hard to believe its been 7 months since Luke and I became engaged. In just 19 days I will be "Mrs. Ellis"...I will be a WIFE. I couldnt be happier, Luke is such a wonderful man, and a perfect match for me. I really never thought I could be THIS comfortable with another human being. I love him and can't wait to be his wife.
At the same time this is totally surreal. We've been planning this wedding for 7 months. In reality the planning has not gone the way I had envisioned it. I expected lots of girls days, shopping and reading Wedding magazines and dreaming up this day and making lists and shopping, and did i mention shopping?
It's been wonderful, but just not what I thought it would be. There are people I thought would be more involved, asking about the progress of the planning, giving suggestions and ideas. I feel like relationships have changed. My focus has been on wedding and my relationship with Luke, so I've let other relationships fall by the wayside, not on purpose, but I have. Life has moved a million miles a minute for months, and actually, Im ready for it to all be over!
I can't wait to put on that wedding gown, to step down those stairs with my Daddy, and see Luke for the first time in 24 hours. I can't wait to hug my Mom and Dad for the last time as a single woman, knowing they're proud that their baby girl is all grown up. I can't wait to celebrate with cake and lemonade and laughs with all of our friends and family. But most importantly I can't wait until its over, and we're married, and we've made beautiful memories, and we're in the mountains for a week relaxing with my husband.
This whole process has been a bit overwhelming and I can't believe its almost over. We've been very blessed to have those we have had surrounding us and supporting us and helping us through this all. God has blessed us immensely.
I've been a bit emotional in the last few weeks and it will probably just get worse as the date gets closer...

No comments: