Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Life goes on...

Well we have passed the 2 month mark as new parents! Easton will be 10 weeks old tomorrow, I cannot believe the time has flown by so quickly!
It’s not been the easiest 10 weeks but we have survived and Easton is thriving! He weighed in at 10lba 10 oz at his 2 month appointment and the Drs are very pleased with his progress! He is smiling and cooing more and more now and is starting to be so much fun! He changes daily, I can’t believe how different he looks from day to day, and we are just totally smitten with him.



A lot has happened in the last 10 weeks. We have moved out of our apartment and in with my parents for a while, there was a health concern in the apartment and management did not react the way they should have so we put our intent to vacate in and are in the process of moving out. Mom has had a few health scares, she was in the hospital the night after I got out of the hospital and though she’s not totally out of the woods, things are better and she is receiving great care. Meanwhile I have started back to work and am missing my boy terribly, I know I am doing the best I can to help support my family, but it is really hard to let someone else care for my baby.

ON June 27 we will return to Fort Worth to Cooks Children’s Hospital and at that appointment we will schedule Easton’s first repair. We’re looking at the end of July first of August for the lip/nose repair. It makes me really nervous to think about it, I will miss that sweet up turned lip. So I plan to take a million pictures between now and then.

Life goes on, that’s something we are learning, Life goes on no matter what we are dealing with personally, we can’t let our guard down for long or we might get run over!
God has blessed us tremendously and I thank Him every day for everything we have, even if it is not the way we expected or planned for it to be, its beautiful.





No comments: