Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Surgery date

Life is moving on and time is flying by these days!! Here we are at the end of July, I can’t believe its been almost 4 months since Easton was born. What a rollercoaster it has been! I wouldn’t trade it for the world!

Okay so to get up to date, Easton is still on the medicine for his reflux and still eating really well, adding calories with his formula and rice cereal in every bottle.
Last week, on Friday, we went back to Ft Worth to Dr Hubli, Easton weighed in right at 13 lbs!!! that’s 2.5 lbs in 3 weeks! I am so proud of my little guy! He’s changing so much every day, he’s a happier baby and is doing so well!
Dr Hubli was impressed with his progress, so yesterday the hospital surgery schedule department called me and we set up his lip/nose repair for August 14.
I didn’t expect it to be this soon! We honestly thought 6-8 weeks, since that is what the nurse told us, because Dr Hubli is a busy guy.
We will travel to Ft Worth on Monday the 13, and report to the hospital at 5:30 AM. His surgery time is set for 7:30 Am.

I am a terrified anxious ball of nerves. My little baby will be taken from me and when he comes back to me he will have a new face, and I’m not sure I am prepared for that.  I have a wonderful support system, but having to hand him over that morning, I know, will be that single hardest thing I have ever had to do. I fell in love with that face the second I saw it for the first time, and it will come back to me, on August 14, totally changed forever.
I can’t help but harbor some guilt; I think as a mother, I will always have that in the back of my head. Because of this cleft, he will endure pain, sure he won’t remember it, but I will, and selfishly I don’t want to. I want to take it all from him and make it disappear, pain and stress free.
Thankfully I know that God is good and He will get us all through this. Luke and I are strong and we will be strong for our sweet little Easton. He is our golden star, and I’ve never been more proud than I am when I show him off, or look at him. He is a wonderful gift from God, and God will give me the strength.

So please, pray for our sweet baby boy, that he comes out of this with the least amount of pain and discomfort possible, pray for the surgeona ndhis staff to have steady hands, pray for Luke and I to be strong.

No comments: