Sunday, January 30, 2011

7 weeks!

Its hard to believe that just 6 months ago Luke and I were going to dinner for my Birthday and after dinner he got down on one knee and proposed in our living room....even harder to believe that just 9 months ago I was in a walking boot after foot surgery and Luke and I were moving him here into that tiny little apt.... :)
And now, as of yesterday, in 7 weeks we will be MARRIED.
You know, I was watching one of those wedding shows on TV and these girls were so hell bent on making their wedding an experience of a lifetime for the guests, "wedding of the century" and what have you...in reality, the REAL point of the wedding is to share that moment with your loved ones. Thats the philosophy Luke and I have gone by with planning our wedding. Nothing fancy, not a huge party, no loud music or big sit down dinner...SHaring our special day with our family and friends, eat some cake, visit and laugh and see everyone. Then Luke and I are leaving, as a married couple and going to go sit in the mountains for a week and jsut relax. Thats the description of my dream wedding day. Thats the description of what Luke and I have tried to plan. Laid back, calm, sweet, personal and US. And I can't wait! andI  cant BELIEVE its 7 weeks away!
THis time we've had being engaged has been some of the best months of my life. Knowing this man loves ME so much he's ready to spend the rest of his life, devoted to ME and the feeling of knowing that I feel the same way. ITs indescribable, and those who dont have that in their relationship are REALLY lacking.
Every now and then I get a little down when I hear what people are buying, expensive homes and furniture and cards etc...when there would be NO way for us to afford half of it, but then I take a step back and think, we may not be able to afford a $300,000 home or a $50,000 vehicle, thats ok! It's ok because Luke and I have a wonderful healthy, happy relationship and as long as we have THAT we have so much more than any one of those people who are living up to 'the Jones's'...
Im a happy, blessed girl.
Ive the love of a wonderful man. I have the most loving and beautiful friends. I have family who supports me and loves me no matter what I decide, unconditionally.
And in 7 weeks I will have a husband :)

No comments: