Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Italian Nachos

Well my lovely husband came home with a MASSIVE bag of tortilla chips the other day, and so I've been thinking of ways we can utilize them in dinners, I dont want to waste them! SO last night I made my version of Italian Nachos (If you've ever eaten at Carinos and havent tried them, you need to...PRONTO!)

Here is what I did

Ingrediants:
Italian Sausage
pre-cooked grilled chicken (HEB brand, came in a small bag, pretty inexpensive)
1 Jar of 3 cheese alfredo sauce
1 Jar of chopped jalapeno
1 Roma tomato-thinly sliced
shredded Mozzerella cheese
Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Tortilla chips

Brown the italian sausage over medium heat & drain
lay chips out on cookie sheet
Warm pre-cooked chicken in microwave
spoon sausage over chips
same with chicken
place a small dollup of alfredo sauce over meat on each chip
Place a tomato slice over the sauce
Place small spoon ful of Jalapeno over tomato
cover with both types of cheese

Put in oven and watch closely until cheese is melted

I think it would also be yummy with chopped onion, banana peppers, you could add olives if you like them!

DELISH!

No comments: