Sunday, October 21, 2012

Beer chicken

So today I decided to ACTUALLY cook. SO I got on Pinterest, as we all do these days and found a recipe for Beer chicken in the crock pot! So I wanted to share....

Here is what you need
 
4-5 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 can or bottle of beer (This is what we had in the fridge, after having now eaten the chicken I will use a light or even lime beer next time I make it)
paprika
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
Basil
Dry Minced Onion
 
Now just throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours (Or High for 3-4)

This is what it looked like about an hour into cooking :)
Now I served my beer chicken with roasted red potatos
(This is a picture before they went in the oven)
I just quartered some red potatoes, put them in a bowl with about 2 tbl spoons of olive oil and about 1/4 of an onion soup mix package
 
Put in the oven for about 40 minutes until golden and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside



Yum!


SO I also served with Hawaiian sweet rolls (My fav, AND the only bread I had available!)
And steamed cheesy veggies. These microwable steam bags are AWESOME!

 
Here is Lukes plate. He LOVED It, then again he LOVES Shiner beer! It was pretty good, but I did put a little ketchup on mine to dilute the kinda sorta bitter beer taste. Light Beer would have made a MUCH better flavor, and maybe a little more salt! :)
 
 

No comments: