Monday, March 14, 2011

Thankful

So I am on a journey. A journey back to who I should be...who I can be...who I used to be.
Today begins my "wedding week", in 5 days I will be a wife and I will have a husband. I am so happy and so elated that we are having a wedding in 5 days and that all of our friends and families will be here to support us and celebrate and show their love for us.
I am truly thankful.

I am thankful for a lot of things that I may not show gratitude for like I should, so I am going to blog about it and hope that people that matter read it :)

First and foremost I am so incredibly blessed with amazing parents. Mom and Dad have supported me in everything I've ever done in my life and continue to do so. They're so giving and loving and I can talk to them about anything and know I will get goo, solid, God oriented advice when I need it. I couldnt ask to have better role models. THey've had a solid marriage for almost 46 years, and there is no better marriage to model my own upcoming marriage after, in my opinion. I love them so much and they are why I am who I am, and I am proud of who I am, threfore I am incredibly proud of them. I"ll never be able to share with them or show them how thankful and gratefulI am for them. I just hope they know.

Luke. Luke came into my life in a time when I was at a breaking point. I prayed for Luke, and God sent him to me. I truly believe we were meant for each other, God just knew it needed to happen at the right moment, and it did. He has changed my life for the better, made me see love in a whole new light, I've gained patience and kindness through him. He is my soulmate, and I really do believe in that. I can't wait to be his wife.

My friends. I have a few friends whom I appreciate more than words could describe. Friends who have done things for me that I havent even asked of them. Friends who go above and beyond. Friends who, God sent to be a part of my life to learn from, love and be loved by. I dont know what I would do with out them. ANd I know that sometimes I am not the best friend in return, and for that I hope we have a LONG friendship for me to make up for :)

My job. I do not have my dream job by any means. I do not want to sit at my desk, out in the middle of the hallway, and type up drilling reports every day for the rest of my life. But I am SO thankful to have a job, and one that is as laid back as it is when it comes to time and other things. I may complain on occasin but I really am trying to get back to who I used to be, when I always saw the positive to every situation. and the most positive thing I can think of is, if I didnt have this job, financially we'd be in big trouble. So I thank God every day for giving me a job that provides for us, because not everyone is blessed in that way.

I am thankful to have the sense to know that the negativity I have been putting off lately is not who I am, or who I want to be. I am supposed to be the uplifter, the one who sees the rainbow before it appears in a thunderstorm. And I feel myself slowly getting back to that. Im trying to let the negativity bounce off of me and not be absorbed...:)
Im just trying to be happy! :) and I am happy so I should show it more!

I thank God for blessing me in so many countless ways. I hope you have thanked Him today!

No comments: