Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Making memories

I take pictures. Most group gatherings my camera is on hand. And when its a particularly momentus event (in my mind anyway) I will put my bossy pants on and order everyone to stand as a group, smile, and snap some pictures.
Does this annoy you? Maybe. DO you hate having your picture taken? Okay. But here is my theory.
You know what one of my favorite things to do has always been? I love to look through mom and dads photo albums. I loved looking through my Grandmothers albums. Someday your kids, and my kids and our grandchildres will have lots of pictures to look through, and I am so thankful for that! I lile to document my memories with a picture.
So the next time we're in a group setting, and I start telling everyone to get in certain groups and take a picture and you think I'm getting out of hand or overboard. You can do everyone a favor and leave. Because I'm not going to stop, and I dont care how annoying you think it is. And I dont care if you hate having your picture made, and I dont care if you think Im going overboard, or if you think I am bossy. I am no photographer by any means, never claimed to be, but I like to take pictures of those I love and Im going to continue to do so.
My project right now is to make prints of all the memories I have documented and put them in albums.
I can't wait to have a book shelf full of them to look through!

No comments: