Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Positive vs. negative

So Im sitting here coming down off of a lovely weekend with family, counting my blessings, we really are incredibly blessed in so many ways. This got me thinking about all the negative things that can blur your vision, cloud and muddy up our sight so that we don't SEE the blessings we've been given. THere are lots of things that do this, but most of all, we do it to ourselves, and we let other people do it to us.
There are SO many beautiful, wonderful, positive things in our lives, in all of our lives, but often times we dont see them.
Why?
Well in my life a big reason I dont see these beautiful things as often as I should, is because of the negativity and naysayers Im surrounded by. What is it with these people who make you feel bad, low, stupid etc...? Why do they feel the need to constantly be a negative influence in others lives? Are they jealous? Unhappy? purely evil?
Im naturally a pretty positive person, I'm pretty good at seeing the light at the end of a painful tunnel, seeing the good side to situations and to people...but if I am surrounded by negativity it is bound to wear off on me and sometimes, it does.
I really am tired of the constant complaining, putting down and bashing that I hear on a daily basis. Im tired of feeling like Im beneath someone else because of my job title or where I live etc....(just generalizations, not necessarily specific examples)...I only have to prove aything to GOD, Only his judgement matters. Those who are of real importance in my life, those who really know me and love me do not judge me.
This is the internal monologue I have going on in my head most of the day, "dont listen to them, they're opinions do not matter" over and over.
And I truly believe that....what I do no understand is what is their motive? WE all have these people in our lives. What motive do they have? What kind of sick pleasure do they get by being a negative force in others lives? How is it possible to get off on someone elses pain that you've caused?
Hmm...I guess thats one of the questions I'll never have the answer to. But for now, I am so blessed, GOD has been incredibly good to me.
I have Luke, I have an amazing family and the best friends, I have a job, a roof over my head, a dog who loves unconditionally, I am intelligent, I am able bodied, Im capable of things even I am unaware, and I have a GOD who loves me and wants the best for me.
So Im trying, consciously TRYING to be that positive force...not let that negativity get to me, or bring me down.

No comments: